System Audits Consultancy
Eff-Ess Group offers systems auditing consultancy services. Our auditing services evaluate the effectiveness of a company's internal controls.
At Eff-Ess Group we believe in maintaining an effective system of internal controls is vital for achieving a company's business objectives, obtaining reliable financial reporting on its operations, preventing fraud and misappropriation of its assets, and minimizing its cost of capital.
An audit determines whether an organization’s activities and related results comply with planned arrangements to deliver customer, stakeholder and regulatory requirements. It determines whether these arrangements are implemented effectively, and are suitable to achieve the stated objectives. And it provides the organization with an understanding of risk and opportunity to inform future change and improvement.
There are three types of auditing services provided by Eff-Ess Group:
1. First party audits
Audits conducted by an organization’s own personnel (internal audits) and mainly directed at improving the management system, and checking compliance of the organization’s employee’s work practices and procedures. A properly conducted internal audit programme is recognized as an effective management tool.
2. Second party audits
Audits conducted of a supplier’s or contractor’s management system by a customer (external audit). This type of audit is often used to establish how the customer’s contract is being handled by an organization.
3. Third party audits
Eff-Ess Group also facilitates audits conducted for certification purposes, usually by certification bodies accredited by a national accreditation body. Certificates issued by accredited certification bodies are recognized by international trading groups. This means that certified organization’s have better access to markets globally, and that their customers are provided with a level of confidence in their suppliers’ capability to meet requirements.
Below are some advantages of Eff-Ess business management system audit:
- Value for the users and stakeholders who rely on management systems certification to establish if the client organization’s management system can consistently meet customer and applicable regulatory requirements
- Value for the auditee by:
- Providing management with information regarding the organization’s ability to meet its management system related business objectives
- Identifying problems that may prevent the client from meeting its management system related business objectives
- Identifying meaningful opportunities for improvement and areas of risk that are not identified or managed